Work with Sunski!
Sunski is a San Francisco-based independent sunglasses company. We are a small, dedicated team of enthusiasts who blend our passion for the outdoors with our work.
Since day one we've believed that Sunski should be a fantastic place to work. We have had the rare opportunity to build this business so that work revolves around our passions and hobbies, and not the other way around. We strongly believe that good work comes from happy people. We work hard to be able to play outside on nature's schedule (not the 9 to 5 schedule) and draw creative energy from doing what we love.
When you join our team, you'll be counted on to make a real difference for our growing business.
Retention Marketing Specialist
Sunski is looking for a Retention Marketing Specialist who will energize and engage our community with entertaining content and strategic communication tactics. This role owns our email and SMS marketing channels, as well as programs our website storytelling. This role sits within the Sunski marketing team and reports to the head of marketing, and will have the support of a designer and copywriter.
Who you are:
- You are a strategic and creative individual who loves to entertain and knows the tools and tactics to hold attention and be memorable on the internet.
- You have several years experience with email marketing and storytelling for the ecommerce channel of a brand, are well versed in current best practices, and always on the lookout for new trends and willing to experiment.
- You can think strategically about the big picture and plot a path to get to the goal, but can also roll up your sleeves and execute to get the job done.
- You are familiar with email and SMS marketing platforms like Mailchimp, Shopify, Klaviyo, Attentive, Postscript, and others.
- You like to write and tell stories: you’ve got a way with words, a tone of voice, a sense of aesthetic, and you know how to use it to weave a tale.
- You get down with our brand philosophy and are ready to bring it to the world in a major way.
- Own the Sunski email and SMS channels: drive customer engagement and email revenue through segmentation, communication campaigns, lead generation, and automations that build and convert the funnel.
- Develop content strategy and programming that speaks for the brand, resonates with our people, and maybe starts a sun cult.
- Build and program engaging experiences for our website, customer loyalty club and advocate program, in order to get our community talking about the brand and referring it to their friends.
- That’s it! Pretty easy, right? (....right? ha.)
To apply: send an email to email@example.com showing how you’re an excellent fit for the role. We get a lot of email here, so figure out a way to make sure yours stands out! (that’s the job, after all…)
Location: We’d love if you are close-ish to our San Francisco office, but remote is OK (must be in the USA).
Compensation: Annual salary of about $90,000 per year, plus great health benefits (medical, dental, vision), internet reimbursement, and 4% company-paid 401k matching after a year on the job.