Information we collect when you visit our site, and how we use it.
You do not need to provide any personal information to us just to visit this Website.
We use a Google Analytics script tag to collect anonymous information about what time you visit, what browser/system configuration you use, your IP address, what pages you visit, how long you visit each page, and what country you are accessing the Website from.
We use a pixel provided by TripleWhale to understand the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. We collect anonymous information about your browser settings and your IP address, as well as the ID of the advertisement you clicked on to arrive at our site, if applicable. This information is stored in our first party database hosted by TripleWhale and not shared with any other party.
When you visit our Website, we may use a Hotjar script to evaluate how you use our website, including what pages you visit and how you interact with them. The information collected is anonymous and only used by us to better understand and improve our website.
When you visit our website, we place a cookie from Avantlink in your browser, which allows us to determine the inbound source of our affiliate site traffic. We do not collect any personally identifiable information with this cookie.
When you visit our website, we use advertising pixels that place cookies in your browser. These pixels record non-personally identifiable information such as your IP address, your inbound URL, and what pages you visit on our website. We share this non-personally identifiable cookie information with our third-party advertisers, Facebook, Google, Snapchat, MNTN, Adroll/Nextroll and Bing (Microsoft), which enables us to track the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns and present you with advertising on the web based on the products you view on our website. While our cookies are not personally-identifiable, if you are logged into the services of Facebook, Google, Snapchat or Bing(Microsoft) when you visit our website, they will be able to associate your personal account information with the cookie. We take no responsibility for the information collected by these platforms that you may already have relationships with. Our cookies expire after a set period of time, or when you clear your cookie cache.
Information we collect when you apply for a job
We may place job advertisements on our Website and you may be able to apply for those positions using an online form located on our Website. You will be required to provide us your email address, location, and full name. You will also be required to provide contact information for references that can vouch for you. You are responsible for obtaining your references’ consent to give us their contact information before you give it to us. We will use the information in the job form to evaluate your application for employment, to confirm that you are legally eligible to work for Sunski, and to contact your references. If we decide to move forward with your candidacy, we will collect additional personal information in the course of your job-related activities while you are working for Sunski.
Information we collect when you make a purchase, and how we use it.
When you make a purchase from us, you must voluntarily provide us your personal information in order to ensure a successful transaction. The information that you must provide us in order to complete a transaction is your name, email, shipping address, billing address, contact information and product selection. We store this information in our database in the USA. We use this personal information to screen for fraud, communicate with you about your order, and ship your order. We do not collect your credit card information; this information bypasses us and is submitted directly to Shopify Payments, our PCI compliant payment gateway which processes your card and remits the funds to us.
We will store your order information in our database indefinitely, in order to comply with state sales tax record keeping requirements. You may contact us to delete your order history at any time.
When you complete a purchase with us, we will share certain information with our third party service providers in order to ship your order, maintain our email newsletter, and track our marketing campaign effectiveness. Please refer to the "Sharing Personal Information" section below to understand specifically what information is shared, when and with whom.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13, and request that parents monitor their children’s online habits to ensure they do not submit personal information to us.
Sharing Personal Information
Any data that we share with third party partners is shared only for the specific purpose of selling sunglasses. These service providers fulfill the specific functions of processing payments, packing and fulfilling your order, managing address databases, screening for fraud, providing analytics, and marketing targeting and reporting. When we work with a third-party partner, we only provide them with the minimum information that they need to perform their specific function.
- When you purchase, we share the personally identifiable order information you provide us with Shopify in order to process your order. This order information is retained in our records for at least five years to satisfy state tax reporting requirements. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information by clicking here.
- When you purchase, we share your personally identifiable order information with our warehouses to pack and ship your order.
- When you visit our website, we share your site usage information with Google Analytics to better understand our site usage. We share information such as your IP address, device configuration, and the pages you visit. We use only the minimum data-sharing requirements for the tool to function. You can read more about how Google Analytics uses your personal information by clicking here. You can also opt-out of all sharing with Google Analytics by clicking here.
- When you opt in to receive our newsletter, we share your personal information with Mailchimp, our third-party email provider, which allows us to communicate with you by email. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter by clicking the "unsubscribe" link in the footer of any email we send you.
- When you visit our website, we may use a Hotjar script to track what pages you visit and how you interact with them. We do not collect any personally identifiable information with this service. This session information is stored in a first party database hosted by Hotjar and not shared with any other entity.
- When you visit our website, we place a Facebook cookie in your browser so that we may show you ads based on the products you viewed on our website. If you purchase, we will share de-identified, hashed order information to Facebook so that we can understand the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. This hashed information cannot be decoded by Facebook, but if you have an account with Facebook and have provided them with the same information, they may be able to associate order activity with your profile. To opt out of data sharing with Facebook, click here.
- When you visit our website, we place a Snapchat cookie in your browser so that we may show you ads based on the products you viewed on our website. If you purchase, we will share de-identified, hashed order information to Snapchat so that we can understand the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. This hashed information cannot be decoded by Snapchat, but if you have an account with Snapchat and have provided them with the same information, they may be able to associate order activity with your profile. To opt out of data sharing with Snapchat, click here.
- When you visit our website, we place a Microsoft cookie in your browser so that we can track the effectiveness of our Bing advertising campaigns. If you purchase, we share the non-personally identifiable conversion event with Bing. You can opt out of sharing information with Microsoft by clicking here.
- When you visit our website, we use a Google Adwords script tag so that we can track the effectiveness of our Google Adwords advertising campaigns. When you purchase, we share the non-personally identifiable conversion event with Google Adwords. You can opt out of sharing information with Google by clicking here.
- When you use our virtual try-on software, our third party partner, Luna (formerly known as "Ditto"), collects biometric information about your face shape to overlay our product on your face. The specific biometric information collected about your face shape may include ear junction, eye corner width, nose bridge height and width and temple length, among other measurements calculated from the face scan. The images and data generated by this service are not used by us in any way other than to allow you to virtually try on the product. This data is not shared outside of Ditto/Luna. This data is stored for 14 days before it is automatically deleted, and you can also delete your virtual try-on data at any time by clicking here.
- When you leave a review, the name and images you provide are shared with Bazaarvoice, our review plugin. Sharing this information is voluntary, and no personal information is stored unless you provide it.
- For customers in the United States who purchase from us, we may share your order information with our mailing partner and printer, so that we may send you direct mail campaigns. If you would like to opt out, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not wish to receive direct mail from us, you may opt in to our "Do Not Mail" list by completing this form.
- When you purchase from us, we share anonymized order value information with Avantlink, our affiliate platform, so that our affiliate partners may be paid commission on the traffic that they send to our site. No personal data is shared with this partner.
- When you purchase from us, we share your IP address and anonymous order value with MNTN, so that we may track the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. This non-personally identifiable information is held in a first party database by MNTN on behalf of Sunski and is not shared with any other entities. If you would like to opt out of data sharing with MNTN, you can do so by clicking here.
- When you purchase from us, we share your order conversion data with TripleWhale, our analytics platform. Your data is stored in our first-party database and not used for any purpose other than our own analytics.
Occasionally, we may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide personal information to the appropriate governmental authorities. We will disclose personal information upon receipt of a court order or subpoena or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation. We fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our services for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful.
In the event we undergo a business transaction such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your personal information may be among the assets transferred.
Your California Rights
Consumer Rights Notice. Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, Sunski is required to provide California residents with the following specific consumer rights information:
To file a complaint regarding this website or to receive further information regarding use of this website, please contact us via email at email@example.com or send us a letter at Sunski Attn: Privacy, 1358 La Playa St, San Francisco, CA 94122. You also may contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of California’s Department of Consumer Affairs in writing at 400 R Street, Suite 1080, Sacramento, California 95814 or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
California Consumer Privacy Act. "Personal Information" has the meaning given in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
The following terms apply if the CCPA applies to your Personal Information that we collect and use:
We reserve the right to verify your identity before we process any request relating to your Personal Information.
You may use an authorized agent to submit a request to know or a request to delete. To use an authorized agent, you must provide your agent with written authorization and we may require you to provide to us proof of your identity. We may deny a request from your agent if they do not submit proof that you have authorized them to act on your behalf. Such requirements will not apply where you have provided your authorized agent with power of attorney pursuant to Cal. Prob. Code Sections 4000 to 4465.
We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise any of the above rights granted to you by the CCPA. We are not discriminating against you if we deny a request to know or delete if we have a legitimate reason for the denial. We may also charge a fee for excessive or repetitive requests.
Shine the Light If you are a California resident who provides personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (“Shine the Light Law”) permits you to request in writing and obtain from us, once per calendar year, data about the personal information we shared, if any, with other third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and write "Shine the Light - Request for California Privacy Data" for the subject of your message. We will send you a reply e-mail within 30 days containing the requested data once we confirm your request. Not all of the shared personal information is covered by the Shine the Light Law requirements and therefore only personal information which is covered will be included in our response.
Controlling, Opting Out, or Deleting Your Data
In order to opt out of our partner data sharing, please see the tools and links below:
- To delete your Ditto/Luna virtual try-on data, click here.
- To opt out of data sharing with Google, click here.
- To opt out of data sharing with Microsoft, click here.
- To opt out of data sharing with Facebook, click here.
- To opt out of data sharing with Snapchat, click here.
- To opt out of data sharing with MNTN, click here.
- To opt out of data sharing with Adroll/Netxroll, click here.
- To opt out of receiving physical mail, click here.
Below are additional resources to help better secure your online privacy. Not all these entities are our partners and we do not necessarily share data with them. These links are provided for your convenience only and we take no responsibility for the content or actions of these other parties:
- To opt out of all data sharing with the entire Google Ads platform, click here.
- To opt out of all data sharing with the Google Analytics platform, click here.
- Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal: http://optout.aboutads.info/. This consolidated resource will allow you to block tracking from many different ad providers, all in one place.
- Ghosterly, a browser add-on that blocks tracking cookies and scripts: https://www.ghostery.com/
- AdBlock, a browser add-on that blocks most advertisements from displaying: https://adblockplus.org/
Your Choices about Your Personal Data
If you would like to correct or update personal information that we have about you, contact us at: email@example.com.
In your request, please make clear the personal information that you would like us to change. For your protection, we only fulfill requests for the personal information associated with the particular email or other contact information that you use to send us your request. We may need to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. We will comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
This Website is hosted in the United States and is governed by United States law. If you are visiting or using the Website from outside the United States, please be aware that your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country.
For privacy related issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For support related issues, please contact email@example.com
If you would like to reach us by mail, please write to us at:
1358 La Playa St
San Francisco, CA 94122